- In the World Bank’s Doing Business rankings for 2019, India has climbed 23 spots to rank 77th globally.
- India has witnessed a substantial jump in the rankings for the second consecutive year. In the year 2018 India had jumped 30 places.
- The various digital interventions have been a great contributing factor for India in making this significant improvement.
- To increase the ease of doing business rankings , it is a pre-requisite for India to give a special focus towards MSMEs to ensure that there is a robust and conducive environment for the sector.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has introduced various digital initiatives in this regard. Some of them listed below:
MSME SAMBANDH Portal
- MSME SAMBANDH Portal has been launched to monitor the implementation of the Public Procurement from MSMEs by Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs).
- Together with assisting MSMEs for participation process it also helps Ministries and the CPSEs to assess their performance in procurement process as stipulated in Procurement Policy, 2012.
MSME SAMPARK Portal
- The MSME Sampark portal is a digital platform, wherein, job seekers (passed out trainees / students of 18 MSME Technology Centers) and recruiters register themselves for getting employment and getting right kind of manpower respectively.
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum
- Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) is a one-page registration form which constitutes a self-declaration format under which the MSME will self-certify its existence, bank account details, promoter/owner’s Aadhaar details and other minimum information required.
- There shall be no fee for filing the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum. Once the UAM is submitted, Udyog Aadhaar Number would be sent through e-mail.
MSME SAMADHAAN Portal
- MSME Delayed Payment Portal – MSME SAMADHAAN has been launched for empowering micro and small entrepreneurs across the country to directly register their cases relating to delayed payments by Central Ministries, Departments, CPSEs or State Governments.