Which of the following is correct about 'hedging'? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. This is an act of reducing uncertainty about future price movements.
2. It may be done in commodity, security and currency.
3. This may be done by forward sales or purchases.
Which of the following statements relates to the trade in 'invisibles'?
Two firms are competing against each other in a mature market with no expansion in the market size-one increasing its sales at the cost of the other's sale. This situation can be best described as
One of the following is a correct statement, regarding the trade-off between 'inflation' and 'unemployment':
Consider the following statements and select the correct code about a 'market economy':
1. Government facilitates the private sector's choice of produced goods and ' services.
2. Price mechanism is usually not allowed due to welfare reasons
In the case of agricultural goods if the government fixes the price above the market-clearing price together with banning exports and buys up surpluses in production, which one of the following will characterise the market outcome?
Which of the following is not a reason why unexpected inflation is generally considered undesirable?
Consider the following statements about 'hidden price rise' and select the correct code:
1. A situation of reduction in quality or amount of a product offered at an unchanged price
2. A situation of increase in indirect taxes on goods, which compromises on the quality of the goods offered for sale
While operating a 'pegged exchange rate', a government must do which of the following?
What is correct about 'opportunity cost'?
In the context of balance of payments, 'portfolio investment' relates to
What is 'winner's curse'?
What does a long-run 'Phillips curve' show?
Which of the following will be correct if an economy follows a 'floating exchange rate' regime
'Williamson trade-off Model' is related to which of the following?
Select the correct statements related to the 'helicopter money', using the code given below:
1. Flow of the money in the economic system due to quantitative tapering.
2. Quantitative easing makes flow such currency in the economy.
3. Most of the central banks in the recession-hit western economies have been said to circulate such currency.
4. The term was first used in Japan
'A line that traces the relationship between the rates of return on bonds of different maturities' is called
What does a short-run 'Phillips curve' show?
If interest rate is increased in an economy, it will-
In the situation of supply of money remaining the same when there is a fall in demand of money in the economic system, there will be-
Which of the following is correct about 'comparative advantage'?
Consider the following statements and select the correct code:
1. Nominal Capital of a company is the limit up to which the company can issue capital through shares.
2. Subscribed Capital of a company is that part of the Authorised Capital, which has been paid or committed by the shareholders to contribute.
One among the following is 'a measure of the degree of seller concentration in a market that takes into account the total number of firms in the market and their relative size distribution'.
Which of the following will not be true if exchange rates are determined according to purchasing power parity (PPP)?
Consider the following statements and select the 'normative' ones regarding policy making by a democratic government:
1. India spent Rs. 50,000 crore on welfare schemes.
2. India should do more to promote irrigation.
3. India's reservation policy needs expansion.
4. Express Highways are serving economic purpose.
Please share this quiz to view your results .
This is a timed quiz. You will be given 180 seconds per question. Are you ready?