- Recently, Defense Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has formally unveiled ‘Mission Defense Knowledge Power’.
- On this occasion, major innovations and innovations were performed by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Defense Public Sector Undertakings (OFPS), for which for patents under the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Applications have been successfully submitted.
- The responsibility of coordinating and implementing this program is assigned to the Directorate General of Quality Assurance – DGQA.
- Mission Defense Knowledge Power is a part of the government’s campaign in which initiative is being taken to make India self-reliant in defense. It is hoped that through this mission, related industries will be moved on the path of progress in the country.
What are intellectual property rights?
- According to the World Trade Organization (WTO), Intellectual Property Rights are the rights that a person is given to compose his brain.
- The creator is given the sole authority to use the composition for a certain period of time. Intellectual Property Rights is an inspiration that encourages a person to do something new.
IP Facilitation Cell
The IP Facilitation Cell was established in April 2018. Its objectives are to train about
- 10,000 personnel of Orthological Factories and Defense Public Enterprises about intellectual rights.
- Filing at least one thousand new intellectual property rights applications.