Consider the following concepts related to the 'Health and Well-being Indicators and select the correct one/ones using the code given below:
1. 'Neo-natal Mortality Rate' refers to the number of deaths of children less than 28 days per 1,000 live births.
2. 'Pei-natal Mortality Rate' refers to the sum total of neo-natal death and foetal deaths per 1,000 live births
Which of the following steps the governmentshould take if the aim is to reduce the fiscal deficit?
1. Strengthen tax compliance in the economy.2. Check the erosion in profitability of the government companies.
3. Going for internal borrowings rather than external borrowing,
4. Reducing the size of the 'other deposits' in the public Account of India
Select the correct code for the goods/ serviceswhich are shared by the CIMMYT on free basis on the global scale:
1. High-yielding, stress-tolerant maize and wh.eat varieties
2. Larye,unique collections of maize and wheat genetic resowces
3. Productivity-enhancing, resource-conserving farming practices
4. Training and information relating to the above
What is/are correct about the concept of the 'out of pocket (OOP) expenditure' in India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. The expenses that the patient or the family pays directly to the health-care provider, without a third party is known as 'OOP expenditure.
2. These expenses could be medical as well as non-medical expenditure
What is/are correct about the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. The IFPRI 'seeks sustainable solutions for ending hunger and poverty.'
2. It is part funded by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), which in turn - is funded by governments, private businesses and foundations and the World Bank
Select the correct statement/statements about the 'non-plan expenditure' in India from the list given below, using the code given below:
1. Expenditure which does not come under the purview of the Planning Commission is called non-plan expenditure which are non- Developmental expenditure.
2. Part of the non-plan expenditure is voluntary in nature, e.g., interest payments, pensionary charges and devolution/statutory transfers to States, which are recommended by the Finance Commission
Consid.er the sentence - "Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physicat and economic access to sufftcient, safe and ntrtritious food to meet their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life." Name the world body which gave the definition which is considered as the anchoring definition of 'food security'.
Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) in India has become a special feature of the agricultural policy. Select the correct one/ones about it from the list of statements given below, using the code:
1. Minimum Support Prices are currently announced for 24 commodities in India by the GoI.
2. The MSP includes seven cereals, five pulses, eight oilseeds, copra, raw cotton, raw jute and Virginia flu cured (VFC) tobacco.
3. There is a concern that farmers may shift to other crops causing shortage in these commodities in lack of the MSPs
Which of the following is/are considered as the 'Health and Well-being Indicators'?- Select yow answer using the code given below:
1. Mortality varies across the various sub groups of population
2. There are five different kinds of mortality rate/ratio under the category of the mortality.
Consider the following concepts related to the 'Health and Well-being Indicators' and select the correct one/ones using the code given below:
1. Health constitutes an integral part of human Development-as per World Health Organization Constitution, the objective is to attain the 'highest possible level of health by all people'.
2. The Alma-Ata Declaration of 1978 noted that 'Health for All' could contribute both to a better quality of life and also a global peace and security
Which one of the following statements is not true about Game Theory?
What is/are correct about the idea of 'microfinance' in India? Select your answer using the code give below:
1. Micro-finance (MF) is a small-scale financial intermediation, inclusive of savings, credit, insurance, business services and technical support provided to the needy borrower.
2. The thrust of the MF initiative is to channelize production and consumption credit in multiple doses based on the absorption capacity of the prospective borrower.
Select the correct one/ones from the list of statements related to the evolution of 'microfinance' in the world, using the code given below:
1. It has evolved through following different models at different times-a 'charity based model' to a 'thrift-based model' and finally to the 'trust and creditworthiness model'.
2. Finally, it was in Australia where evolved the link between microfinance institutions and the formal financial institutions.
Which of the following are part of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN General assembly?
2. Checking inequality
3. Improving health and education
4. Better quality measurement
High level 'OOP expenditure' together with a lack of strong public support system, the availability of the healthcare facilities to the economically weaker population of the country is very low. Select the correct one/ones about the same, using the code given below:
1. 'Catastrophic OOP Expenditure' is defined as that level of out of pocket expenditure which exceeds some fixed proportion of household income or household's capacity to pay.
2. As per National Health Accounts (NHA) of India, more than 72 per cent of total health expenditure in India is considered to be 'OOP expenditure by the individuals/households.
3. The National Health Accounts takes into account only OOP expenditure towards medical expenditure.
Consider the following statements regarding the 'Cash based Accounting System versus Accrual Accounting System' in India and select the correct one/ones, using the code given below:
1. The Indian Government accounts are prepared on a cash based accounting system, which does not give a realistic account of government's financial position.
2. The present system does not reflect accrued liabilities arising from the gap between commitments and transactions of government on the one hand and payments made.
3. The Twelfth Finance Commission recommended introduction of accrual accounting in Government which have been accepted in principle.
Announcement of the Minimum Support Price in India has become a special feature of the agricultural policy. Select the correct one/ones about it from the list of statements given below, using the code:
1. Minimum Support Price (MSP) in India is a form of market intervention by the Government of India to insure agricultural producers against any sharp fall in farm pricesa kind of 'price guarantee from the GoI.
2. The major objectives are to support the farmers from distress sales and to procure foodgrains for 'public distribution system' together with maintaining foodgrains 'buffer stock'.
Select the incorrect statements regarding the marginal standing facility rate of the RBI, using the code given below:
1. It is similar to the repo rate for the financial institutions.
2. It is on the lines of the liquidity adjustment facility and part of it.
3. Thouglr it is a costlier route to fulfill overnight requirement of funds, it is not a pural rate.
4. Banks use this route once they exhaust all channels to raise short-term fund.
Which of the following is/are considered as the 'Health and Well-being Indicators'? Select your answer using the code given below:
Consider the following statements and select the incorrect one/ones using the code given below:
1. Internal and Extra Budgetary Resources (IEBR) route is generally not used by the GoI while financing the Union Budget since the FRBM Act has been implemented.
2. T'he FRBM Act puts very transparent checks and controls on the IEBR route.
3. For the fiscals 2016-17, the GoI has taken excuse from the FRBM Act so that extra resources can be mobilized via tre IEBR.
Select the incorrect statements about the Base Rate using the code given below:
1. it replaced the idea of prime lending rate.
2. this is a kind of benchmark rate below which banks are not allowed to lend:
3. though it is fixed by banks themselves, an informal consultation with the RBI is must.
4. banks maintain their capital adequacy ratios in accordance with their base rate.
5. it has helped banks to check their rising levels of the NPAs
Which of the following statements is/ are correct about the budgetary prbcess in India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. Internal and Extra Budgetary Resources (IEBR) is an important part of the Central plan of the Government of India.
2. IEBR constitutes the resources raised by the PSUs through profit3, lodns and equity.
What is/are correct about the 'non-plan expenditure' of the Union Government in India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. The Committee on Non Plan Expenditure (CNE) in the Department of Expenditure (Ministry of Finance), chaired by Secretary (Expenditure) approves annual allocations towards non-plan expenditure based on the inter-se priorities.
2. In the Union Budget of 2014-15, non-plan expenditure accounted for nearly 28 per cent of the total expenditure, of which the defence expenditure accounted for over 28 per cent
What is/are correct about the concept 'labour force participation rate' in India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. The Labour Force Participation Rate (LFPR), obtained by dividing the number of persons in the labour force by total population, is an important parameter in employment projections and formulation of employment ' strategies.
2. The National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO) defines labour force participation rate (LFPR) as the number ofpersons/person days in labour force per thousand persons/person days.
Due to certain reasons, it becomes difficult for the Export Credit Gaurantee Corporation to cover pure commercial risks of the medium and long term
exports originating from India. Select the answer using the code give below:
1. long repayment period
2. the large value of contracts
3. difficult economic and political conditions in the importing countries
4.Non-availability of re-insurance for such external projects.
Please share this quiz to view your results .
This is a timed quiz. You will be given 180 seconds per question. Are you ready?