Find the correct code from the following statements taken from a recent study by the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR) given below related to the impact of climate change on the Indian farming sector.
1. In Rajasthan 2oC rise in temperature is projected to reduce the production of grains by 15 per cent.
2. Studies conducted by the ICAR project a loss of 4.5 billion tonnes of overall wheat production with each degree rise in temperature throughout the growing period.
Find the correct code for the situation of the Non- Resident Ordinary Rupee (NRO) account in India from the given choices:
1. While the principal of NRO deposits is nonrepatriable, current income and interest earning is repahiable.
2. Account-holders of NRO accounts are permitted to annually remit an amount up to US$l million out of the balances held in their accounts.
Deposits in few of the NRI accounts in India are not considered as the external debt of the country. Select the related and correct statement/statements using the code:
1. Deposits in NRO accounts are included in India's external debt.
2. Deposits in the FCNR(B) are not considered as India's external debt.
Select the correct statements about derivatives in India, using by the code given below:
1. a security derived from a debt instrument, share, secured or unsecured loan.
2. a contact which derives its value from the prices, or index, of underlying assets.
3. a security derived from exchange rates and interest rates.
4. it may be derived from the monsoon forcasting.
Consider the statements taken from the High Level Expert Group (HLEG) set up by the Planning Commission on Universal Healthcare in the country and select the correct one/ones out of it:
1. There are 315 medical colleges that are located in 188 towns/cities of 642 districts.
2. There is only one medical college for a population of 115 lakh in Bihar-the lowest in the country
Select the correct statements about the security market in India, using the code given below:
1. As the ADRs and GDRs are for the foreigners with respect to Indian companies, the IDRs are for the Indians with respect to the foreign companies.
2. Due to availability of better routes for foreign investments in the Indian security market, the IDR route has lost its relevance.
3. The IDRs are today a very popular route for Indians to invest in the foreign security market.
4. India allows debt and non-debt, both forms of the securities under ADR, GDR and IDR
Select the correct one/ones about the 'Sensex' form the given list of statements using the code given below:
1. 'Sensex' is the 30-share index of the oldest regional stock exchange of India.
2. Two Ambani Group companies, Reliance Industries Ltd. and Reliance Communications have been removed from the Index in a recent move by the BSE.
India allows only partial convertibility to rupee in its capital account so that
1. Capital does not fly from the economy
2. It can manage net inflows of capital into the economy
3. Economy can be given more stability Select the correct reasons for it using the code given below:
Select the incorrect statements regarding the 'angel investors', using the code given below:
1. the investors who provide financial backing to entrepreneurs for starting their business.
2. they are investors with positive spillover effects
3. they may provide finance as loan or as share capital in the upcoming business.
4. they usually invest in person rather than the economic viability of the business.
5. they are usually from the entrepreneur's family and friends but may be from outside, too.
6. venture capital funds serve similar purpose to the extent arangement of investible capital is concerned.
The term 'Cold Rush' has been in news recently. What is correct about the term?
What is not correct about the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)? Select your answer using the code given below: -
1. MIGA as the newest member of the World Bank Group commenced its operation in 1978, as a financially independent agency.
2. MIGA was created to complement public and private sources of investment insurance against non-commercial risks in developing countries.
Select the correct one/ones about the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), using the code given below:
1. An autonomous international institution established under the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States, which is also known as the 'Washington Convention'.
2. The primary purpose of ICSID is to provide facilities for conciliation and arbitration of international investment disputes.
Consider the following statements regarding the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and select the one/ones which are correct using the code given below:
1. IBRD covers its operating expenses primarily out of its income-earns an income every year from the return on its equity and from the small margin it makes on lending.
2. Apart of its income goes into reserves to strengthen its balance sheet and as annual transfer to the International Development Association (IDA)--its 'soft window
Where from the IBRD does get the money to finance projects in developing countries? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. IBRD gets its money from the capital markets.
2. The World Bank has become one of the most established borrowers on the world's capital markets.
3. It has had a 'triple A rating since 1959.
Which of the following does not belong to the current account of India?
1. Transactions due to foreign trade.
2. Interest payments of the external borrowings and lending.
3. Grant disbursed and received.
4. Transactions of remittances
Select the items which are shown in India's capital account, using the code given below:
1. foreign currency deposits of the banks
2. private remittances
3. security market investments by the RFPIs and QFIs
4. foreign direct investment
5. external bonds issued by the GoI
6. merchandise trade balance
7. interest liabilities of the expernal loans
Consider the following statements regarding institutional Development in the agriculture sector of India and select the correct one/ones using the code given below;
1. The Indian Agriculture Research Institute of India has established the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) in India as a tribute to Dr. Norman E Borlaug.
2. The institute will enable the country to harness the best of international sciences in meeting food security challenges.
3. Funding and in-kind support will come from the Government of India and a consortium of international and regional, public and private investors.
Select the correct statement/statements about the 'NICRA' which was recently in news, using the code given below:
1. ICAR launched a National Initiative on, Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA) in 2011.
2. MCRA aims at enhancing resilience of Indian agricultrue to climate change and climate vulnerability through strategic research and technology demonstration.
Indian rupee is fully convertible in case of which of the following items?
which of the following are the objectives of the 'comprehensive management of GoI investment in the PSUs', recently launched
1. Leveraging of assets Capital and financial restructuring.
2. Efficient management through rationalization of decision making process.
3. Raising fresh investments by improving investors' confidence.
4. Promoting strategic disinvestment and increased privatization of the PSUs.
What is/are correct about the MIGA? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. A World Bank group body it provides political risk insurance for projects in a broad range of sectors in developing member countries, covering all regions of the world.
2. Its mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to support economic growth, reduce poverty and improve people's lives
Consider the following statements related to India's approach towards social sector issues and select the correct one/ones, using the code given below:
1. The Ministry of Women & Child Development is moving forward towards a paradigm shift in its approach to social sector issues.
2. Welfare oriented approach of hitherto is shifting towards a holistic empowerment approach, especially of the marginalised
What is/are correct about the 'CIMMYT'? Select your answer form the choices given below using the code given below:
1. This is a Mexico-based non-profit organization involved in the research and Development of better varieties of wheat, maize and pulses seeds.
2. Its findings were freely shared at the global basis but will be patented since 2016 for all commercial purposes, except for the highly poor nations of Africa.
What is/are correct about the 'CIMMYT'? Select your answer form the choices given below, using the code given below: 1. International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) derives such an abbreviation from the Spanish version of its name, Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maiz y Trigo. 2. Norman Borlaug developed his high-yielding variety of wheat seeds under its aegis, which revolutionised wheat production on global known as the Green Revolution,
As per the circular of the RBI what is correct about the Core Investment Companies (CICs)?
Please share this quiz to view your results .
This is a timed quiz. You will be given 180 seconds per question. Are you ready?