The NBFCs have been recently reclassified by the RBI into three broad categories. Select the wring category:
Which of the following step does come under the major initiative taken recently to increase transparency and public accountability for effective implementation of the MGNREGS?
Select the correct one/ones about the Bilateral Social Security Agreements (BSSAs) arrangement of the GoI, using the code given below:
1. They protect the interests of expatiate workers and companies on a reciprocal basis.
2. India has signed such agreements with Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Denmark and Norway.
Basel III norms under Base Accord are aimed at-
1. Improving risk management and governance of the banks.
2. Strengthening banks' transparency and disclosures.
3. Improving the banking sector's ability to absorb shocks arising from financial and economic stress.
4. Preparing banks to absorb the shocks if they entertain global customers.
Which of the following does not come under the 'Social Defence Sector' promoted by the GoI?
Which of the following are among the broad objectives of India's environmental policies and programmes? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. Conservation of flora, fauna, forests and wildlife
2. Prevention and control of pollution
3. Afforestation and regeneration of degraded areas
4. Protection of the environment
Consider the following statements taken fromstudies of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and select the correct one/ones:
1. Wheat yield declined by 5 per cent when average temperature during March increased by l0C in Punjab.
2. While rice yield increased to the tune of 12 per cent with l0C increase in the temperature
Select the correct one/ones about rainfed farming in India from the list of statements using the code given below:
1. Where the annual precipitation is lower than the evapo-transpiration demand, rainfed agriculture is practised.
2. Majority of coarse Cereals, pulses, oilseeds and cotton are grown in the rainfed regions of the country.
What is correct about the Network Project on Transgenics in Crops (NPTC)?
Consider the following statements related to the issue of inflation in India in recent times and select the correct one/ones, using the code given below:
1. 'Inflation' refers to a sustained, across-theboard price increase, whereas 'a relative price increase' is a reference to an episodic price rise pertaining to one or a small group of commodities.
2. 'Skewflation' is a price rise of one or a small group of commodities over a sustained period of time, without a traditional designation, a somewhat unusual phenomenon.
Select the NRI bank account from the given list which India does not permit to be opened in the country
What is correct about the Foreign Currency Non- Resident (Bank) account in India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. FCNR (B) accounts can be opened by NRIs and Overseas Corporate Bodies (OCBs) with an authorized dealer in the form of term deposits.
2. Deposits of funds in this account are allowed in Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Japanese Yen and Euro.
What is correct about the opening of Non-Resident External (NRE) account in India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. NRE accounts can be opened by NRIs and OCBs with authorized dealers and banks in all the forms of demand and term deposits.
2. Deposits in this account are allowed in any currency.
Select the incorrect one/ones about the provision/ provisions of opening the Non-Resident Ordinary Rupee (NRO) account in India, using the code given below:
1. NRO accounts can be opened by any person resident outside India with an authorized dealer/bank in the Indian Rupees-in either demand or term forms.
2. When a resident becomes an NRI, his/ her existing Rupee accounts are designated as NRO.
Select the correct situation about the Non-Resident Rupee Deposits in India in the present times, using the code given below:
1. Acceptance of deposits in the Non-Resident Non-Repatriable) Rupee Deposit account and Non-Resident (Special) Rupee account has been discontinued.
2. This was done with an amendment in the Foreign Exchange Management (Deposit) Regulations, in 2002 with effect from April 2002
What is correct about the repatriation of funds in the NRI deposits allowed by India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. Repatriation of funds in FCNR(B) and NRE accounts is permitted.
2. Hence, deposits in these accounts are included in India's external debt outstandingWhat is correct about the repatriation of funds in the NRI deposits allowed by India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. Repatriation of funds in FCNR(B) and NRE accounts is permitted.
2. Hence, deposits in these accounts are included in India's external debt outstanding
Consider the following statements about the provisions of the WTO and select the correct one/ones using the code given below:
1. Under the World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, countries cannot normally discriminate between their trading partners.
2. Any member country of the WTO granting one country a special favour needs to be extended to all other WTO member
Consider the following statements related to the WTO provisions of the Most Favoured Nation
(MFN) status and select the code for the correct
ones given below:
1. MFN is the first article of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which governs trade in goods.
2. MFN is also a priority in the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) detailed in the Article 2.
3. MFN is also a priority in the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) detailed in the Article 4.
Most Favoured Nation clause of the WTO has some exceptions allowed. Select the correct exceptions using the code given below:
1. Member countries can set up a free trade agreement that applies only to goods traded within the group discriminating against goods from outside.
2. They can give developing countries special access to their markets.
3. A country can raise barriers against products that are considered to be traded unfairly from specific countries.
Select the incorrect one/ones about the MostFavoured Nation (MFN) provisions of the WTO
from the given list of statements, using the code given below:
1. In general, MFN means that every time acountry lowers a trade barrier or opens up a market, it has to do so for the same goods or services for all its trading partners.
2. The MFN clause functions differently for -the developed and developing countries.
Consider the following statements taken from the findings of a recent survey by the National Council for Applied Economic Research (NCAER) and select the one/ones which are correct:
1. A family with an annual income between Rs. 3.4 and 17 lakh falls in the middle class category.
2. By 2017-18, India will be a country of 53.3 million middle class households or about 267 million people.
What is correct about the Indian Depository Receipts (IDRs) Select your answer using the code given below:
1. An IDR listed on an Indian exchange represents ownership in shares of a foreign firm.
2. StanChart is the first and the only issuer of IDRs in the Indian markets.
Which of the following are correct about the term 'wilful defaulter'?
1. A financially capable borrower to repay due loan and yet does not do so.
2. Part of loan has been either diverted or siphoned off.
3. Borrower has sold the assets used as the security to obtain loan.
Which of the following 'redistributive' policies government will not adopt if it wants to bridge economic inequality? Select the correct answer using the code given below:
1. rationalising subsidies
2. progressive tax policies
3. regressive expenditures
Which of the following is not correct about the RBI's monetary management framework?
Please share this quiz to view your results .
This is a timed quiz. You will be given 180 seconds per question. Are you ready?