The supply-side economics lays greater emphasis on the point of view of-
In India the term National Income represents
To know whether the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer, it is necessary to compare
Tourism industry in India is quite small compared to many other counties in terms of its potential and size. Which one of the following statements is correct in this regard? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. India has been called by the western tourists as
a counry ofheat and dust.
2. India has not marketed its tourism sector methodically.
3. The infrastructural bottlenecks and the law and order situation together with terrorism have been theother reasons.
Select the correct objectives of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices, using the code given below:
1. Stabilising the price levels of agricultural items.
2. Ensuring remunerative real income levels to the farmers.
3. Protecting the interest of the consumers by rationalising the sale prices of the ' agricultural items by affecting the cost
What is incorrect about a 'rights issue'?
Select the correct one/ones out of the statements given below using the code given below:
1. Equity capital is the same as ordinary share capital.
2. A new company set up by existing companies with a track record of at least five years of consistent profitability is allowed by the SEBI guidelines to issue shares at a premium.
3. Money mobilised via Premiums is invested in the company.
Select the incorrect function of the Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC):
Select the incorrect one/ones about the public sector insurance companies in India using the code given below
1. There are 5 public sector companies involved in offering various general insurance products in India today.
2. There are two dedicated public sector insurance companies in India today
Select the correct one/ones about the re-insurance
market in India using the code given below:
1. There is a single re-insurer in the Indian insurance industry.
2. IRDA itself functions as the re-insurer in India.
Select the incorrect one/ones about the proposed Direct Taxes Code using the code given below:
1. With a single legislation it will replace both the Income Tax Act 1961 and the Wealth Tax Act 1961.
2. It will simplify the direct tax language by using 'direct' and 'active speech'.
Consider the following statements related to certain concepts of economic management which keep frequently appearing in the news-
1. Falling share of industry in the GDP is known as de-industrialization
2. Falling saving rate is called as disserving.
3. Disgorgement is a form of money laundering.
4. Demerger is creating more companies out of one company.
Select the correct ones from the list given above, using the code given below
How can a foreign company set up business operations in India? Select the correct code given below:
1. By setting up a company under the Companies Act, 1956, as a Joint Venture or a Wholly Owned Subsidiary.
2. By setting up a Liaison Office/Representative Office or a Project Office or a Branch Office of the foreign company
Which are the sectors where FDI is not allowed in India either under the Automatic Route or under the Government Route?
Select the incorrect one about 'recession' as it is perceived in India
Which of the following may be considered correct about 'zero-based budgeting'?
Select the correct reason/reasons why the governments impose taxes, using the code given below.
1. To redistribute the income in the economy
2. To subsidize various private goods
Select the incorrect one/ones regarding the provisions of the proposed Direct Taxes Code for the Non-profit Organizations, using the code given below:
1. Such organizations set up for charitable purposes will be taxed at the rate of 20 per cent after an exemption limit of rupees one and half lakhs.
2. Donations to such organizations will be eligible for tax deduction in the hands of the recipient.
Income tax in India is:
1. Progressive and anti-rich
2. Proportional and pro-poor
3. Regressive and anti-poor
Select the answer using the code given below
Which of the following statement is not correct related to the fiscal consolidation process being followed by India?
Which of the following are the limitations of national income estimation in India? Select the answer using the code given below:
1. Non-availability of data regarding the unorganised sector of the economy.
2. Unreported illegal income by different segments of organised and unorganised sections of the economy.
Which of the following is/are correct about the 'income of individuals'? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. Their real income is what they get after adjusting the weight of inflation.
2. Their nominal income is what they get after adjusting the weight of the direct taxes
Select the incorrect statements about 'capital consumption' from the given choices, using the code given below:
1. The situation when due to the losses of a company in consecutive years make it obliged to pay its current expenses using its capital base.
2. A situation when the listed firms under-report their losses so that they can take higher benefits of depreciation.
3. The process by which a company shows higher loss in its operation to withhold payments of dividends to its various share holders.
Consider the following statements about the idea of 'micro-finance' in India and select the correct ones using the code give below:
1. Micro-finance is a small-scale financial intermediation, inclusive of savings, credit, insurance, business services and technical support provided to the needy borrower.
2. The thrust of the micro finance initiative is to channelize production and consumption credit in multiple doses based on the absorption capacity of the prospective borrower.
3. It has evolved through following different models at different times - a 'charity based model' to a 'thrift-based model' and finally to the 'trust and creditworthiness model'.
4. It was in Australia where evolved the link between microfinance institutions and the formal financial institutions.
Please share this quiz to view your results .
This is a timed quiz. You will be given 180 seconds per question. Are you ready?