Consider the following statements and select the correct one/ones using the code given below:
1. The World Bank provides loans to only its sovereign members excluding the private entrepreneurs of the nations.
2. IMF may provide bail-out loans to nonmember nations too, provided such a resolution has been passed by the member states.
Select the incorrect reasons why India could not manage expected levels of FDI in the reform period, using the code given below :
1. Rupees being not fully convertible in the capital account.
2. Less than desired levels of 'factor market reforms' in India.
3. Voters' ignorance regarding the importance of FDI.
Which of the following Five Year Plan suggested for a 'redefinition' of the role of government in the economy for the first - time?
Select the incorrect types of local level planning implemented by India under the Multi Level Planning (MLP) from the given list:
1. Tribal Area Planning
2. Panchayat Level Planning
3. Hill Area Planning
4. Village Level Planning
5. Municipal Area Planning
Select the incorrect statements about the efforts of 'credit expansion' by the GoI, using the code given below:
1. The first advice in this area came from the Nariman Committee in the form of the 'Area Approach'.
2. The Gadgil Study Group suggested in this regard in its famous approach of the 'Lead Bank'.
3. Governments of the times tried to implement the recommendations of both the expert advices.
Which of the following does come under India's 'Reserve Money'? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. Net credit of the RBI to the GoI.
2. RBI's credit to the banks.
What is correct about the 'Money Multiplier' in India? Select the answer using the code given below:
1. This is the ratio of the M3 to the Minimum Reserve of India.
2. The concept of Money Multiplier commenced with the idea of Minimum Reserve Sytem in India.
Select the incorrect one/ones from the given list of items using the code given below:
1. 'Narrow Money' and 'Broad Money' are categories of money stoclcs popularised by the banking industry in India.
2. In 'Narrow Banking' commercial banks are basically doing 'retail banking'.
Select the correct one/ones the 'external debt' from the list given below:
1. Long term debt is defined as debt with an original maturity of more than one year.
2. Short term debt is defined as debt repayments on demand or with an original maturity of one year or less.
Which of the following do come under the 'Sovereign Debt' of India? Select your answer using the code given below:
1. External debt outstanding on account of loans received by the Government of India under the 'external assistance' programme, and civilian component of Rupee Debt
2. Other Government debt comprising borrowings from IMR defence debt component of Rupee debt as well as foreign currency defpnce debt
3. FII investment in Government Securities
What is correct about a concessional loan in India in the cases of external borrowing?
Select the incorrect statements related to the functions of RBI, using the code given below:
1. The final decision regarding Credit & Monetary Policy is taken by the Union Ministry of Finance.
2. Open Market Operations by the RBI comes under its autonomous powers.
3. Ultimate power of issuing fresh currency notes in.India remains witlr the RBI.
4. RBI has been given full autonomy in the area of regulating the All India Financial Institutions
Select the incorrect one/ones about the importance of the Indian textile industry from the given list of items:
1. The sector contributes 8 per cent of industrial production, 4 per cent of GDP and over 15 per cent of country's export earnings.
2. It provides direct employment to over 35 million people - the third largest provider of employment after agriculture
Select the correct statements about 'market maker', using the code given below:
1. Market maker is a kind of broker in India's security market who quotes two-way prices for the securities.
2. On the platform of the Over the Counter Stock Exchange of India Ltd (OTCEI) only market makers are allowed to trade.
3. The Discount and Finance House of India (DFHI) is the chief market maker in India's Money Market.
4. Brokers have no compulsions of quoting twoway prices of securities though they may do so as their voluntary action.
Consider the following statements related to 'Operation Sadhavana' and select thd correct one/ones using the code given below:
1. A community development scheme being run by the Indian Army in the North Eastern states aimed at promoting the cause of National Integration.
2. Assets created under the scheme is handed over to the concerned states and the expenditures incurred are cosidered part of Cenfial loans to the states.
Select the correct statements regarding the Commodity Future Trading in India, using the code given below:
1. It is the best tool of maintaining stable prices for the commodities.
2. Pice discovery at Commodity Exchanges discounts the local and global factors in the process of price search.
3. This is highly suitable for the agricultural commodities in India where highest price fluctuations happen due to various natural and man-made reasons.
4. At times, GoI bans trading in certain agricultural commodities as in short-term it may lead to speculative price rises.
Consider the following statements regarding revenue deficit' and select the incorrect one/ones using the code given below:
1. It is the gap between the consumption expenditure of the Government and its current revenues.
2. It also indicates the extent to which the government has borrowed to finance the current expenditure
Which of the following statements are correct about the 'private placement' route to raise capital from the primary security market? Select the answer using the code given below:
1. Shares are sold to a select group of investors through a process of direct negotiations.
2. This is completely opposite to the public issue route where no negotiation takes place with the investors.
3. Other than the foreign and domestic financial institutions individuals too can participate in it.
Which of the following is correct about the situation of inverted custom duty'?
Select the correct one/ones about the use of natural rubber modified bitumen in India's road construction, using the code given below:
1. The Central Road Research Institute has tested the technology for use of modified bitumen including natural rubber in construction and maintenance of roads under the Ministry's sponsored research scheme.
2. As per findings of the study, natural rubber modified bitumen improves the durability of roads by reducing susceptibility towards temperature variations and improving the desirable properties of bitumen thereby giving overall better performance.
Select the correct statements using the code given below:
1. The Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation regulates the firecrackers, fireworks and explosives sectors in India.
2. Recently, the organisation has banned firecrackers of Chinese origin.
3. No ban has been imposed on the Chinese fireworks.
Which of the following has not been concluded by the World Development Report-2016?
Select the incorrect one/ones about Census in India, using the code given below:
1. It was in l93l that the first-ever caste-based Census was conducted in India.
2. In independent India, the lone example ofcaste count is of 1968 by the Andhra Pradesh government in its survey titled' Socio- Economic Survey' which was published in the Gazetteer of Andhra Pradesh, 1971.
Select the incorrect one/ones related to the Census- 2011 of India using the code given below:
1. India's population is almost equal to the combined population of USA, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Japan.
2. The absolute increase in India's populationduring 2001-2011 is ' slightly lower than the population of Brazil, the fifth most populous country in the world.
Please share this quiz to view your results .
This is a timed quiz. You will be given 180 seconds per question. Are you ready?