For which of the following purposes Indian currency is fully convertible-select your answer, using the code given below:
1. For repatriation of remittances and trade purposes
2. Servicing of the foreign loans
3. Direct foreign investment
4. Indirect foreign investment
If the RBI adopts an expansionist open market operations policy, this means that it will
Select the incorrect code for 'redistribuion policies' implemented by the GoI with the objective of reducing economic inequalities in the country.
1. Progressive taxation, land reforms and offering higher subsidies to the people below the poverty line
2. Regressive expenditure on sectors concerning richer people
Select the incorrect one/ones about short-term finance in India from the given list using the code given below:
1. It fulfills the working capital requirements of the GoI, corporate houses, financial institutions, banks and the SEBI DFHI.
2. Banks have been made available the least number of instruments of the money market in India.
In India, which one among the following formulates the fiscal policy?
There are some Non-Banks in India which are not regulated by the RBI-select them with the help of the code given below: 1. Insurance & housing finance companies 2. Venture capital funds and merchant banks 3. Nidhis and chit funds
Select the correct one/ones from the following list of statements using the code given below:
1. Cash Management Bill is the latest instrument introduced by the GoI in the money market.
2. To be used by the GoI only, this is a 'standard' and 'non-discounted' instrument.
What is correct about paper currency?
1. It is also called 'fiat money' and 'high power' money.
2. Keeping the same 'physical' and 'promised' values of the currencies in India has been a big challenge for the GoI.
Select the correct one/ones about the APEDA frothe given list of statements, using the code given below:
1. Set up under an Act of Parliament, the body is entrusted to promote export of agricultural items.
2. The Government has proposed to set a similar body for the agro-processed items, too.
Devaluation of currency leads to
Select the correct means by which the GoI manages its needs of deficit financing, using the code given below:
1. By printing currencies and internal borrowing
2. External grants, disinvestment proceeds and external borrowings
What is correct about the tourism sector in India? Select the answer using the code given below:
1. India has a share of 0.75 per cent in the global foreign tourists' arrivals.
2. GoI had fixed a target of 1.5 per cent for India in the global tourists' arrivals for the 12th Plan.
Select the correct one/ones about foreign investment in India, using the code given below.
1. 'Indirect non-individual' foreign investment is not allowed by the GoI though it is allowed in the 'institutional' route.
2. 'Direct foreign investment' in India can not be made by a foreign financial institution.
Select the correct one/ones about the 'base effect', using the code given below.
1. Higher rates in the previous year show up as lower rates in the current year.
2. Lower rates in the previous year show up in the higher rates in the current year.
The proposition, 'the real interest rate equals the nominal interest rate minus the expected inflation rate, therefore, real interest rates fall as inflation increases, unless nominal rates increase at the same rate as inflation' is known as the
Which of the following is/are correct about 'second green revolution' in India - select your answer using the code given below.
1. Replacing the chemical inputs of farming by organic inputs
2. Sustainable and judicious use of the water, soil and other resources of farming
3. Using bio -technological knowledge for the purposes of enhancing productivity
Select the incorrect set of the 'new categories' which have been incorporated by the Census-2011 for the first time in India, using the code given below.
1. Gender, Date of Birth, Marital Status, Literacy Status
2. Migration, Disability, Name of the Institutional Household
Select the correct one/ones about the Census-2011 from the given list.
1. This Census had a 'mascot' for the first time.
2. The 'mascot' was devised to make the process more people-friendly with the objective of helping people to relate with the Census process and to elucidate the key role of the enumerator.
Select the correct statements regarding the Indian Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd., using the code given below:
1. This is a joint public-private sector company with the GoI owning 51 per cent in it, devoted to promote investment in infrastructure sector.
2. This promotes public as well as public-private ventures in all infrastructure sectors other than the telecommunication.
Select the incorrect one/ones about the characteristics of Indian planning using the code given below:
1. Twenty Point Prograrnme, a devoted Central plan for poverty alleviation was launched in the Fifth Five Year Plan.
2. The Fifth Five Year Plan was launched ' with the slogan 'garibi hatao'.
Select the correct one/ones from the given list using the code given below.
1. The Fourth Plan was based on the Gadgil Startegy.
2. The Fourth Plan had special focus on the ideas of growth with stability and progress towards selfreliance.
The ongoing 'Aadhaar' scheme of India is based on the recommendations of the then Planning Commission for
Select the correct one/ones about a Local Area Banks (LABs), using the code given below.
1. They ensure focussed savings and credit mobilisation by defining their clear boundary of operation.
2. They operate in a narrow geographical area of three contiguous districts.
3. Private sector is allowed to enter the segment
Select the correct one/ones about the Indian planning process.
1. The Fifth Plan which was launched by the Government with the title 'Rolling Plan' did not remain the official plan of India.
2. The official Fifth Plan of India was cut down by the Janata Party Government to four years.
Select the correct tools used by the RBI in announcing the monetary policy-use the code given below to select your answer:
1. Term repo rates for 7, 14 and 28 days.
2. Bank rate & Marginal standing facility rate
3. Marginal cost of fund based lending rate
4. Reverse repo rate for 7, 14 and 28 days
Please share this quiz to view your results .
This is a timed quiz. You will be given 180 seconds per question. Are you ready?