Select the non-PDS items which are also sold fromthe PDS outlets in India, using the code given below:
4. Edible oils
Production targets of coal in India for the 11thplan have not been met in any of the years due to which of the following:
1. Environment & Forest clearance
2. Land acquisition issues
3. Inadequate availability of railway wagons
4. Law and order problems
5. Excessive rainfalls
Consider the following statements and select the correct code given below:
1. Developing nations have surpassed thewealthy countries in their overall green house emissions.
2. China is the largest greenhouse gas emitter.
3. Carbon emissions in the world was high in 2009 though it has slowed down since 2010 due to industrial slowdown as an after effect of financial crisis in the developed world.
Select the correct statements regarding the Marginal Standing Facility using the code given below:
1. it functions as the last resort for banks to borrow short-term funds.
2. this is on the line of the existing LAF and is part of it.
3. being a penal rate, this is a costlier route than repo.
4. this is linked to the net demand and time liabilities of the banks.
Select the correct statements recently snnounced by the RBI regarding the revised norms for the Priority Sector Lending in India, using the code given below:
1. Foreign banks' PSL target has been increased to 40 per cent at par with the Indian banks irrespective of their number of branches.
2. Food and Agro-processing and overdrafts up to Rs. 50,000 in no-frill accounts have been included in it.
3. Off-and solar and other renewable energy solutions together with vocational education are now under the PSL.
4. MSE loans up to Rs. 2 crores have also been added under the PSL lending of the banks.
Select the correct statement/statements using the code given below:
1. Gujarat has seen the highest capacity installation of wind energy in the last three years.
2. The highest investment in wind energy took place in Andhra Pradesh during the last three years.
Consider the following statements and select the correct code given below:
1. Power utilities of the country are heavily depended on the imported coal-the main reason for the rise in power prices.
2. India's heavy dependence on Chinese coal is not being seen a right situation from strategic point of view.
The Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSSs) have been restructured recently. Select the . incorrect objective behind this move:
Which of the following is correct about the proposed National Watenvays in India? Select the answer using the code given below:
1. River Barak in Assam will become 'National Waterway-5'.
2. East Coast Canal along with Brahmani and Mahanadi Rivers in the states of W. Bengal and Odisha will become 'National Waterway-6'.
Select the incorrect statement/statements regarding the 'Taylor Rule' using the code given below:
1. A rule that suggests appropriate adjustments to interest rates, based on various economic factors such as inflation and employment rate.
2. The rule indicates that if inflation or employment rates are higher thin desired, interest rates should be increased in response to these conditions, and the o-pposite action should be taken under the opposite conditions.
What is correct about the 'Desi Aahar Yojana' launched by the GoI?
Select the incorrect statements about the 'Laffer Cirrve' using the code given below:
1. This is a curve which supposes that for a given economy there is an optimal income tax level to maximize tax revenues.
2. If the income tax level is set below this level, raising taxes will increase tax revenue.
3. And if the income tax level is set above this level, then lowering taxes will increase tax revenue.
Select the incorrect one/ones out of the given statements gsing the Code given below:
1. The IRDA has increased the entry age for health insurance in the country to 75 years in its recent decision.
2. As per the IRDA insurance penetration after deregulation in the, sector has increased and today it ii more than double of the level of 2000.
Consider the statements given below and select the correct one/ones using the code given below:
1. The BIS-marked LPG stoves availalle in the market have a minimum thermal efficiency of 70 per cent.
2. The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas has started consultations with the Bureau of Energy Efftciency on labelling LPG stoves with 75 per cent thermal effrciency.
Recently, India shifted to a new method for measriring its national income. The new method classifies taxes into 'product' and 'production'. Select the staterirents given below which are correct about these taxes, using the code-
1. both of the taxes are imposed on the producers.
2. while product taxes are variable, the production taxes are fixed.
3. land revenue, profession tax, stamps and registration fees are some of the examples of production taxes in India.
4. sales tax, excise duty, service tax, export and import taxes are the examples of product taxes in India.
Contract labour has been increasing in the countryin the recent years-select the correct statementsrelated to this fact, using the code given below:
1. At present, around one fourth of all registered manufacturing workers are on contract in comparison to just 12 per cent oflate nineties.
2. This is higher in the states with more rigid labour laws.
3. India needs to tame down the instances of regulatory cholesterol.
Consider the following statements and select the correct ones using the code given below:
1. RBI takes recourse to open market operations (OMOs) to manage liquidity in the system.
2. In OMOs, RBI generally sells the G-Sec in open market, however, in rare cases it also buys back the same from the market.
3. A 'debt switch' is a method in which RBI buys back G-Secs of short-term maturity and replaces it with G-Secs with longer maturity periods.
Which of the following correctly explains 'smurfing' which was recently in news:
Select the correct code for Nutrient Based Subsidy (NBS) policy on the fertilizers:
1. Unlike earlier policy, the subsidy now goes directly to the end-users, i.e., farmers.
2. MRPs of fertilizers are now fxed by the manufacturer and importers-international prices of fertilizers and their raw meterials now show up in their MRPs in India unlike the earlier times.
Select the correct statement/statements regarding the 'India Human Development Report-2011' using the code given below:
1. The Report has been published by the Washington-based research centre, the Institute of Applied Manpower Research (IAMR) on the basis of the NSSO study for
2. The GoI advised the NSSO to go for more current study on the subject.
Which of the following segments of money is considered as the 'Other' deposits with the RBI? Select your answer using the code given below: 1. Deposits of quasi-government bodies 2. Other financial institutions and primary dealers 3. Balance in the accounts of foreign Central Banks and the Governments 4. Accounts of international agencies
As per the New Monetary Aggregates oithe RBI which of the following doesn't belong to the 'broad money'? Select the answer using the code given below:
1. Bankers deposits with the RBI
2. Demand & Time Deposits of the Banks
3. Other Deposits with the RBI
4. Currency & coins with the public
5. Currency in circulation
6. Savings of Post Offices
Which of the following segments of the money form India's 'Reserve Money'? Give your answer using the code given below:
1. Net forex reserves with the RBI
2. GoI culrency liabilities to the public
3. RBI's net credit to Banks and the GoI
4. Non-monetary liabilities of the RBI
Select the correct statements regarding the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) in India, using the code given below:
1. The share capital of the RRBs are sponsored by the GoI, RBI and the Scheduled Commercial Banks in the ratio of 50 per cent, 35 per cent and l5 per cent.
2. Its main objective was to enlarge institutional credit for the rural and agriculture sector.
3. RRBs are being restructured by the GoI under the recommendations of the Vyas Committee.
4. Appoinbnents of the RRBs staffs are done by the sponsoring Scheduled Commercial Banks which falls outside the domain of the IBPS recruihent process.
Which of the following statements is corect about the term 'bank run'?
Please share this quiz to view your results .
This is a timed quiz. You will be given 180 seconds per question. Are you ready?